Another year, another opportunity to reflect, ground myself and be grateful.
Hol-eeeeee-cow. 23. When do you start feeling your age? I'm curious - and I seriously would like an answer. I feel like each year I get older with the expectation of feeling wiser and well, older, but it never comes. It's always at bay. I still feel like my mind has miles to go to catch up with the magical number that seems to increase more and more rapidly as time goes on. Oy.
In honor of another trip around the sun, I've got a list of 23 important life lessons that my arguably short time on this earth has taught me:
- Hangovers get worse with age. Unfortunately...
- We don't meet anyone by accident and people come into our lives for a reason.
- Similarly, there's no such thing as coincidence.
- With everything, do it with passion or not at all.
- Creating a vision for your life is a must. It lays the groundwork to live intentionally.
- The small things are everything.
- Don't take yourself too seriously. I mean it.
- Life is short, always say yes to pizza.
- Regret nothing - learn from it and let it go with grace.
- Netflix is a gift from the gods.
- Never take the easy way out.
- Love with everything you have - a broken heart or bruised ego is better than playing it safe.
- Find good people and never let them go.
- Anything - and I mean anything - is possible.
- Love yourself first and everything else will fall into place.
- Success has nothing to do with money.
- It's better to projectile word vomit than to not say anything at all.
- Just say no to passive aggression.
- Never turn down an opportunity for adventure.
- Failure is a must.
- Be kind. I cannot not stress this one enough.
- Drive like you stole it.
- There will never be anyone as fabulous, fierce, perfect or all-around amazing as Beyonce. Nope. Never.
Bring it on, 23. I'm ready for ya.