Welp, I guess it's official. Today is my first day being funemployed/a stay at home gypsy.
I've always dreamed of being a stay at home gypsy of sorts, but now that the time has come I've found myself going through the five stages of grief:
- Denial: What should I wear to work tomorrow? Black yoga pants, black yoga pants, or...black yoga pants? I think I'll go with black.
- Anger: What the hell are you doing with your life woman? You're not gypsy material. Get your shit together and go beg for your job back.
- Bargaining: If I go travel for a few months and get this out of my system, I'm willing to work every single day for the rest of my entire life (or until I meet my sugar daddy... kidding...)
- Depression: Sleep. Eat. Nap. Netflix. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
- Acceptance: I'm young, wild, and free god damnit. YOLO.
[I apologize for all of the swearing, but that's exactly what my inner monologue sounds like so I just wouldn't feel right censoring it.]
And then I'm right back to denial. I'm sure I'll be going through these stages for awhile, but daaang it feels good once I've reached the acceptance stage. When I'm in that space, I know I've made the right decision; everything has brought me to this exact moment.
T-minus 11 days until I'm off to the other side of the world, you guys. I can barely believe it. First stop: Great Lake Taupo. We'll be spending a few days exploring the area - Hobbiton being our main priority (duh, I'm a LOTR fan!) - and then it's time for yoga, yoga, and yes, more yoga at Wanderlust yoga and musical festival. Swoon. I'm ready for you, New Zealand. Get ready.
In the mean time, I'll be attempting to condense four suitcases worth of belongings into a single backpack (sigh), running errands like it's my job (because I guess it kind of is now) and attempting to eat at all of my favorite restaurants - ALL of them.
Stay wild, y'all.